San Francisco, California
Operations – Workplace Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a responsible and customer service driven Office Coordinator to provide front desk coverage and facility assistance in our San Francisco, CA office. Must be energetic, friendly, and impeccably organized. The receptionist will be the first point of contact for the company and will provide administrative support across the organization. They will handle the flow of people through the office and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Work schedule is Monday through Friday from 8am-5pm with a one-hour catered lunch provided by the company.
- Will greet all guests and provide a secure entrance by verifying visitors, ensuring all guests sign-in & signing for deliveries
- Managing badges for employees, vendors and contract workers
- Assist in ordering office supplies and making sure the site is well stocked
- Provide white glove customer service at all times to all employees, clients, and guests
- Ship, receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Complete facility requests for the site as needed, including light facility work (plumbing, electrical, etc.) and coordinating with vendors for repairs
- Communicate with caterers as well as coordinate, set-up and clean-up lunch daily for the team
- Communicate regularly with the security team to ensure a secure workspace at all times
- Fulfill additional office duties, including setting up events, up-keeping company culture and assisting other departments as needed
- Approachable, Patient, Flexible & Friendly
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Tech Savvy
- Must be punctual, professional and experienced in vendor relations
- Have a passion for helping people and making the world a better place
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.