Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Recruiting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
A Sr. Recruiter at Bird will manage the hiring funnel from source to close, navigating a high volume hiring environment moving at the fastest pace. This role is crucial to the growth of the company, and will responsible for the entire hiring process for a key functional area. This individual will work closely with the recruiting leadership & recruiting operations teams to create an environment that sets a benchmark for outstanding recruiting performance in a high-growth environment. The right person can deliver quality hires, in a volume that matches the speed of our growth, while at the same time optimizing the experience for candidates and managers.
This is a general posting; we are currently hiring recruiters for technical positions as well as operations and corporate functions.
- Own the full cycle recruiting process for open requisitions at Bird including sourcing, interviewing & closing candidates
- Develop a structured interview process for each role, to ensure that we are measuring the most relevant skills in a consistent way across all candidates
- Work in partnership with the Talent Partner (HRBP) to determine headcount, priority & profile alignment.
- Own a debrief process post interview to align hiring teams on hiring decisions
- Navigate candidates & managers through a complex compensation program that includes understanding equity value & mechanics in a high growth environment
- Communicate effectively with the interview team to optimize the experience of the manager & interview team
- Partner with a coordination team to optimize the candidate scheduling & on-site experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5 + years of recruiting experience in an agency or corporate setting
- 3+ years experience supporting executive-level clients or hiring managers
- Experience closing senior and executive level candidates, including negotiating complex compensation packages
- Deep sourcing experience for hard-to-fill requisitions, with a track record of contacting and engaging passive candidates
- Proven expertise scoping new roles to develop job descriptions, interview process & success rubrics for jobs that are new to our business
- Experience in volume hiring, with the ability to prioritize and deliver significant impact as an individual contributor
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
- Proven ability to track, meet, and exceed defined sourcing metrics
- Experience working with executives on high-priority requisitions, including the intake of new requirements, creating job descriptions, reviewing profiles, and updating pipeline progress
- Passionate about Bird's product and able to speak to our technology and industry
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.