Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Partner with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure timely pick-up of shipments from vendors
- Work closely with the global supply chain team to meet expected global delivery dates and deadlines
- Manage freight expense and negotiate for best possible rates with freight forwarders on Air, Ocean, Rail, and Truck transportation
- Manage logistics pipeline for best transportation method based on delivery schedule deadlines
- Source for new freight forwarding services as needed
- Responsible for daily customs declaration documents validation, HS classification, duty & VAT handling
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution
- Must be proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese (written and oral)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or logistics management or similar discipline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in international logistics
- Experience working in the aerospace or automotive industry will be a plus
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Remarkable problem solving skills with a bias for speed
- Experience in a production environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.