Fleet Technician Driver
San Francisco, California
Operations – Fleet
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As a Fleet Driver, you’ll use with technology to monitor, transport, rebalance, and maintain our vehicles in the field to ensure a safe, available ride is always nearby. It is a physical and dynamic role that offers a breadth of activities and responsibilities that shift based on the fluid needs of San Francisco. This role is key to helping grow and maintain our fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Drive our Scoot Vans to recover and transport scooters that could be better utilized to serve the needs of the community, to enforce compliance with local rules and to respond to government requests for re-deployment
- Build and execute processes relating to fleet coordination and scooter pickup
- Work cross-functionally to perfect processes relating to efficient receiving and intake of scooters for repair, maintenance and renting
- Coordinate with Operations Managers to recover high-value scooters that need pickup within tight timeframes
- Be a brand ambassador and positively exhibit and share Scoot with the community
- Respond to management direction and solicit feedback to meet and exceed performance expectationsInspect and evaluate scooters to escalate issues, as needed
- Flexible availability 24/7
- Must have reliable smartphone, comfort using technology and navigating
- Valid driver’s license and at least 21 years old
- Strong knowledge of San Francisco geography or the ability to learn
- Ability to pass a motor vehicle record check (clean driving record for the past 7 years) and drug screening
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Computer skills; MS Office proficiency and other applications as needed to perform the essential functions of the job
- Strong oral, and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.