Accounts Payable Clerk
Santa Monica, California
Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for an AP Clerk to join the Accounting Team here at Bird. An ideal candidate for this role is someone with strong attention to detail and can thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Performs data entry daily while maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Charges expenses to accounts by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Verifies entries and resolves any discrepancies.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field.
- 1-2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to prioritize - at times you will have conflicting tasks, so must be able to effectively manage time and prioritize work.
- Strong communication skills - you will be working with a variety of individuals and key stakeholders, so must be able to translate what is said and effectively communicate.
- Flexibility - we are a start up, so things change on a daily basis. We need someone who is adaptable and comfortable with change.
- Honest - this role is very important to the business and what you work on is highly confidential. We need someone who we can trust with this information as a member of the team.
- High Emotional EQ - because instructions can change frequently, we need an intellectual, mature team player who can own their work.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.