Support Content Writer
Santa Monica, California
Design & Creative – Creative
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a Support Content Writer to write educational content for our riders, chargers, and partners—both online and in the Bird app. The Support Content Writer is responsible for owning and managing all support-related content at Bird, including articles, macros, and FAQs. The ideal candidate can quickly shift from developing comprehensive guides to auditing existing content and suggesting improvements based on tone. We are looking for someone who can think beyond the words, and proactively identify opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience journey.
- Write clear, conversational, and informative copy that embodies the Bird voice for all support-related materials and channels.
- Develop strategy and information architecture for Bird’s in-app and web-hosted support center.
- Use data and qualitative feedback to improve content based on customer needs.
- Maintain style guidelines for all ops and support content.
- Help facilitate the translation process for educational content, working directly with third-party vendors and localization experts to make sure our content is up to date in new markets.
- Partner with Marketing, Product, and Ops to create macros and content recommendations for specific product and feature launches.
- 2+ years of experience in content creation/management/editing, preferably in a customer-focused role
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and a master of the AP style guide
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices, including keyword research and tracking
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take ownership, juggle multiple work streams, and deliver on tight timelines
- Ability to seek out opportunities to improve yourself, the business, and those surrounding you
- Portfolio of writing samples
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.