Compensation & Benefits Analyst
Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We’re seeking an experienced Compensation & Benefits Analyst to support the design and delivery of our total rewards strategy and programs as we scale. This position is responsible for administering, analyzing, maintaining, and implementing compensation and benefits programs, practices and policies. This position will perform compensation and market analysis, conduct reviews for new and re-evaluated jobs, provide salary recommendations, and ensure internal equity and market competitiveness. In addition, this role will execute the ongoing operational tasks of the Bird's compensation and benefit programs.
- Collaborate on the design and development of Bird’s compensation philosophy
- Perform analysis on effectiveness, competitiveness, and fairness of existing programs
- Consult on new hire offer packages to ensure alignment to market and internal teams
- Build and maintain relationships with Talent Partners, Recruiters, and Executives on compensation program evolution and new initiatives
- Act as the compensation point of contact for the EMEA office
- Provide analytical support for benefits programs, open enrollment process, eligibility, administration, communication, and compliance
- Collaborate compensation-related training to hiring managers
- Stay on top of best practices and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in compensation or benefits analysis
- 2+ years of experience in advanced Excel
- Degree in business administration, finance, or economics
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Expertise in pricing jobs across a variety of functions and industries
- Proven ability to determine job architecture, leveling, and mapping
- Deep understanding of compensation surveys, such as Radford or Mercer
- Experience in benefits analysis, selection, and implementation
- Track record of automating processes by integrating tools and systems
- Experience interacting with Recruiting, including pricing jobs and determining offers
- International experience as the point of contact for offices in EMEA, APAC, LATAM, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate executive presence
- Capable of influencing and developing strong cross-functional working relationships
- Experience in a technical industry
- Resilience and high adaptability in a startup or fast-paced environment
- Extraordinarily organized and detail-oriented
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.