Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Lead a team of junior project managers to deliver project milestones on time
- Understand and communicate complex, technical, engineering issues, coordinate project reviews; communicating project status and top engineering issues to project team and management
- Drive suppliers / vendors, integrating their deliverables and schedules into project
- Evaluate prospective suppliers regarding production capability & quality management
- Utilize FMEA and other Industry standard tools to proactively identify and address risks and optimize process
- Review certification standards and communicate related key deliverables and test cases to designers
- Help balance and prioritize activities within the engineering community to deliver short term urgent projects while keeping longer term projects moving
- Work in close collaboration with various cross-functional engineering teams, vendors, and suppliers in both the US and China offices
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks
- Proficient in both English and Mandarin Chinese (written and verbal)
- PMP preferred for electromechanical systems but have a solid understanding of Agile
- Proven experience in program management for product development
- BS in Software, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent experience required • Proven stakeholder management skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Project
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to distill relevant information for the right audience
- Self motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking skills
- Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of ambiguity and startup environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of product development processes
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.