GRC Program Manager
Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Security
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Lead the identification/implementation of optimal GRC processes and frameworks for data security and privacy initiatives that fit a newly developing micro-mobility industry
- Collaborate with government partners and regulators to understand their goals related to data security and privacy in the micro-mobility space, and advise on strategies and solutions to manage risk
- Work with cities and open source foundations to define best practices for managing and storing mircomobility real-time and historical micromobility data and utilizing mobility management tools
- Provide technical expertise and leadership on navigating the latest trends and developments in the GRC landscape
- Guide multiple departments like Product, Engineering and Legal through implementation of meaningful improvements to GRC practices including: Policy development, Compliance and audit management, Technical gap analysis and remediation
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role, ideally with experience in a start-up environment
- BS degree in information systems, risk management, information security, computer science, or relevant fields
- The poise and professionalism necessary to engage with senior leadership and executive staff, internal clients across the globe, and outside counsel
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity, and appropriate risk tolerance for a fast-moving, fast-growing technology start up
- Experience with building or managing a GRC team in a startup environment
- Experience with leading organizations through implementation of security risk management frameworks such as NIST, ISO, and SOC
- Extensive knowledge and experience with conducting gap analyses for PCI DSS, and managing third party audit processesFamiliarity with technical requirements tied to primary data privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment with a culture strongly focused on cross-discipline product delivery
- Bonus Points: Past experience working in a developer role
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.