Manager, Government Communications
LA, SF, NYC, DC
Communications – Communications
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be part of the Government Communications team that works closely with the Government Partnerships and Public Affairs teams to help implement local city and policy specific communications programs in the U.S.
- Partner with Bird’s Government Partnerships and Public Affairs Teams to execute strategy pertaining to public policy and city relations
- Prioritize and set expectations as needed
- Develop relationships with local and national media focusing on transportation, mobility and public policy
- Create communications materials such as press releases, blog posts, speak abstracts, communications plans, narratives and statements regarding key areas of focus and issues
- Juggle multiple projects at once and re-focus and prioritize as necessary (because in this environment things can and do often shift very quickly)
- Drive media relations pertaining to Bird’s public affairs GovTech programs and initiatives
- Establish partnerships with public and private organizations
- 7+ years experience (mix of agency/in house and public sector experience preferred)
- Comprehensive understanding of complex policy and regulatory issues
- Deep policy and media relationships
- Integrity - We look for people who put teams and the Bird community first and who default to doing the right thing, always
- Attitude - Self-Starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity
- Pragmatism & Resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritize so that we get from where we are to where we need to be
- Passion - We are an ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability
- Team Player - Ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional productive relationships
- Problem Solver - Exceptional problem solver who has owned successful projects from start to finish
- Relevant Experience - Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-oriented environment is a plus
- A passion for Bird, experience within the public sector and policy space
- Hunger for an exciting and evolving opportunity
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.