Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Recruiting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a motivated and detailed oriented Recruiting Coordinator to join our Recruiting team. In this role, you will partner with recruiters and interviewing teams to support Bird in attracting and hiring talent. We are looking for someone who will go above and beyond to ensure an exceptional recruiting experience for all candidates.
- Own the recruiting coordination experience at Bird while improving the overall experience for all other stakeholders, including recruiters, hiring managers, candidates and interviewers
- Work closely with the recruiting team to schedule candidate interviews, reserve rooms, book travel, and any other logistics to ensure our candidates have the best possible experience
- Act as the primary contact for candidates and interviewing teams throughout the recruiting process
- Become a process expert, helping us improve and iterate on a our recruiting processes
- Partner with fellow Recruiting Operations team members to create and improve team-wide recruiting programs and processes
- Communicate all interview details to candidates, ensuring they have all pertinent information
- Facilitate the candidate’s onsite experience, such as greeting candidates, giving office tours, ensuring technology is set up correctly, walking out etc.
- Partner with the Talent team to transition candidates from the hiring process to the onboarding process once an offer is signed, including overseeing background checks and completing new hire forms
- Support the recruiters in maintaining their pipeline of candidates and assist with inbound application reviews as needed
- Monitor and maintain the Applicant Tracking System and hold recruiting and interview partners accountable for proper usage
- Identify and improve upon pain points within the interview process
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
- 2+ year of experience as a Recruiting Coordinator or similar professional administrative or coordination role
- Experience working on a Mac, with knowledge of G Suite products (Gmail, Google Docs, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Incredibly organized with superb attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, and still be able to execute flawlessly
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Positive attitude and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve and respond quickly to issues as they arise
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.