Director of Vehicle Business Strategy
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Director of Vehicle Business Strategy directs the business development activities of the Vehicle organization and drives the new vendor business for the company playing a key role in the company’s bottom line.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Vehicle and Vendor Relationship activities
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate product development ideas
- Take ownership of the management of the Vehicle negotiation functions of the business
- Drive increased profit to achieve the Company`s ambitious growth
- Working to stringent targets, the job holder will be required to adopt a professional and knowledgeable approach to each new vendor business call
- Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the development of new vehicles and markets.
What You'll Need:
- Experience in working with senior management to align strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully negotiating new and existing business
- Proven track record of achieving hardware cost reduction
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.