Operations Manager - Insights & Analysis
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organisational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in. Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high quality results.
- Develop, improve, and run the supply model for gig-Economy Chargers
- Monitor and manage performance and compliance metrics
- Create initiatives using data to improve performance and compliance with both Chargers and Riders
- Work with Customer Experience team to analyse the impact of their performance on customer experience
- Generate, review, and analyse the data from our reporting tools and create actionable steps based on the reporting results
- Identify potential trends and potential gaps in efficiency and propose creative solutions
- Use inbound and efficiency data to forecast headcount and scheduling
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research, modelling, and analytics projects to help guide decision making in a brand new and constantly evolving industry
- Make strategic decisions to prioritise within your functional area; guide and set goals for the overall team
- Manage a team of 5+ members
- Drive the team towards meeting key KPI’s and keep your team accountable
- Develop and coach your team and influence others
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we continue to build and scale
- 4+ years of Management Experience
- Experience in a fast paced and/or start up environment
- Strong communication, organisation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL experience a plus but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.