Santa Monica, California
Engineering – NOC
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is passionate about solving last mile transportation. Our product gets people out of cars and where they need to go, all while having fun and using renewable energy. Our business is multi-faceted and requires managing & scaling cloud services, complex technical operations such as fleet management, provisioning tools, and more. We are developing a global platform from the ground up to meet today and tomorrow's transportation needs. Help us build, scale and operate our platform to ensure that we are a service that our customers can count on 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
- Be a member of a team who is responsible for the monitoring and improvement of Bird services
- Facilitate communication between mission teams during incidents
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of the NOC team
- Develop runbooks and automation tools for dealing with common issues and requests
- Interface with mission teams to learn and discover their key performance KPIs, and create dashboards and visualization tools to track them
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience
- Strong technical fundamentals and experience operating in a highly technical environment
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills - you are responsible for gathering updates from the appropriate parties during incidents and disseminating that information out to internal and external stakeholders
- Command-line proficiency - You know your way around a BASH shell and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves with Powershell
- Scripting capabilities - you’ve written scripts in one or more languages (Bash, PS, Python, etc.) to help automate tasks
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services - you understand the difference between an AMI, IAM and an ALB
- Experience building eye-catching and informative dashboards with visualization tools such as Grafana, Kibana and CloudWatch
- Experience with configuring and administering time-series visualization databases, such as Elasticsearch or InfluxDB
- Note: (be sure to include anything you’ve published on GitHub with your application)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.