Senior Associate - In house charging
Operations – Vehicle Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
This role will have the responsibility of launching and ensuring ongoing success of in-house charging in Bird’s growing number of Service Centers in the markets we operate in. This position not only requires a high-level of independent decision making, but this role mandates a mix of technical charging know-how, proper warehouse resource planning, proactive problem solving, contingent labor contracts knowledge, and project/people management.
You will collaborate with Data, Product, and Operations teams at the local and central HQ level to launch, scale, and sustain in-house charging operations across our growing number of cities. You will iterate on our processes to ensure we are operating at maximum efficiency in order to provide the most reliable vehicles to our community of riders.
What You'll Do
- Establish and build the foundation for Bird to operate its in-house charging business within the EMEA region
- Assess in-house charging risks and issues and provide solutions
- Manage transparent and highly-visible charging processes to ensure our fleet is properly charged while providing updates to executive stakeholders.
- Monitor service center charging performance across markets and relevant KPIs, identify root causes of issues, conduct deep-dive investigations and recommend and implement solutions across various teams.
- Work cross-functionally with the local operations teams and vehicle operations to insert in-house charging into the current service center flow.
- Understand, analyze, and communicate on-the-ground happenings to central teams, including executive stakeholders.
- Perform ad hoc strategy, research and analytics projects to help guide decision makingDetermining best process flow of intake / output of Birds in the service center space based on past high-volume charge experience
- Facilitating final steps of supply chain shipments and on-the-ground needs leading up to and after launch of in-house charging
- Train and advise local Service Center Associates on in-house charging SOP
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase daily charge throughput and speed of launch
- Set up and maintain data collection processes for in-house charging
- Perform market audit on launched in-house charging service centers
- Coordinate and support communications between Vehicle, Strategic Operations, Legal and Finance Business Units.
- Coordinate and drive business relationships with key fleet management partners in EMEA
- Involves travel to execute in-house charging launches Necessitates knowledge of electrical installation procedures and safety requirements
What You'll Need
- Master's degree from a competitive university
- 5+ years of experience in consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience
- Strong communication, organisation and stakeholder management skills
- Strong, demonstrated analytical and critical thinking ability
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- SQL experience a plus but not required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.