Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Place purchase orders and online orders of indirect purchases
- Expedite orders as needed and communicate order status to internal stakeholders
- Track spend of purchases across suppliers (for future RFQ's and negotiations)
- Perform cost comparisons to identify the lowest price for a product w/o sacrificing quality and while maintaining desired lead time
- Identify concentrated areas of spend to achieve quantity discounts
- Contact local vendors and suppliers for quotations
- Keep track of spend with key vendors, and work with AP to ensure timely payments
- Enter and edit purchase orders and blanket order releases in MRP systems ensuring 100% accuracy
- Maintain good customer and supplier relations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline
- 2+ years of technical procurement, manufacturing, or component design / development
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needs
- Detail oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Strong customer service skills
- An ability to create and improve processes Intermediate Microsoft Excel and/or Google sheet skills
- Experience with google forms and form approvals plug-in (nice to have)
- Experience using Netsuite or another MRP system (nice to have)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.