Senior Launcher - DACH
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is seeking a passionate Sr. Launcher to join our DACH team with focus on launching the German market.
Being a Launcher at Bird involves working in a cross-functional team that embraces every aspect of the business, works across operations, product, community, partnerships and government relations.
As a Launcher at Bird, you will help Bird develop to new countries and chaperon from end-to-end the initial operations of each market that you are accountable for.
You will be able to assess, adapt and communicate effectively the country specificities to HQ. The right person is a true problem solver, an entrepreneur, outgoing and will be able to function in an environment requiring the ability to perform business development, market operation, government relations and whatever else may come up to make a new market succeed.
Our Launchers are true Swiss army knives with a multitude of skills.
If you are this international hustler, who fancies a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment this role is a great fit for you.
What You'll Do:
- Works with clients on various products and platforms, advising them on best practices to run operations
- Travel to new markets and oversee launch operations
- Build a launch plan, including research and data sources, for each market that you are assigned to
- Monitor metrics and develop actionable insights to improve the efficiency and performance of a new launch
- Relay in-market insights to help our senior leadership and HQ operations teams continually improve their processes
- Hustle and problem solve when unexpected issues inevitably arise as we pioneer a rapidly growing, brand-new industry
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of relevant work - Entrepreneurial experience, finance, consulting
- Strong track record of excellence in execution and thriving when given autonomy
- Demonstrated ability to think outside the box and solve problems in ambiguous environments
- Experience in a cross-functional role
- An analytical mindset
- The ability to assess a market, pull insights from the metrics you’ve been tracking, and execute a plan to improve
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A team player who is constantly looking to teach and learn from others
- Fluency in English and German mandatory
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.