Operations Manager DACH
Operations – City Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As an Operations Manager of the DACH market, you’ll lead a high performing team to ensure that Bird is operating in the market successfully. You’ll manage local teams dedicated to delivering a seamless experience to both riders and their communities and be an influencer of central Bird teams and resources to help deliver on goals and build for scale.
The ideal candidate has built and/or led teams, is highly entrepreneurial and highly operational. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, inspires, and loves making something from nothing.
- Deliver world class fleet operations within your cities, managing significant aspects of local operations and optimizing for efficiency and utilization of Bird vehicles
- Lead an operations team of 5 to 15 people in the DACH marketDrive the team towards meeting key KPI’s and keep your team accountable
- Make strategic decisions to prioritize within your functional area; guide and set goals for the overall team
- Develop and coach your team and influence othersIdentify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes and products – looking at both the short and long term of our people and business
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we continue to build and scale
- Positively lead the team through the complexities of a fast growing and dynamic startup
- Entrepreneurial hustle and proven self-starter with owner’s mentality
- MBA or advanced degree from a competitive university
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years of people management (minimum 20people) and 3 years of startup experience
- Data-driven mindset, strong business judgment, and proven ability to perform analysis, draw key insights, and form and execute a strategy
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in a complex operational environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to build relationships, manage a team, influence stakeholders, and inspire others
- Policy/public affairs/comms experience is a plus but not a must have
- German and English knowledge is a must
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.