Global Service Operations Associate
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Strategic Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Global Service Operations Associate will champion high priority projects that affect our global network of Bird Service Centers. These Service Centers act as hubs for repair, logistics, and local teams who are at the core of Bird’s day-to-day operations.
This role will require managing various projects from conception to full adoption across our Service Centers. These projects will vary in scope and timelines, but all will require growing and developing relationships with many different stakeholders across our teams in order to ensure the adoption of new Service Center processes and tools. This requires both the ability to work effectively within the Service Center Ops team, as well as excelling as an individual contributor and act autonomously given a specific goal -- all while making sure that everyone who needs to be in the loop is fully informed and has signed off as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in. Also, time is always of the essence, so pushing scalable project solutions across the finish line as quickly as possible while still maintaining strong relationships both centrally and in-market is key to success.
- Work on multi-million dollar cost saving initiatives across the global Bird Service Center network and Supply Chain systems to improve the efficiency of processes and identify new ways to create value
- Dive deep into our data to deeply understand how micro-mobility is revolutionizing how our local communities move and build frameworks to optimize our strategic positioning
- Solve challenging large-scale problems by running experiments, monitoring data, making adjustments, and scaling solutions and best practices to our global Bird communities
- Build performance reporting, hold teams accountable for fulfilling training needs, and communicate with key stakeholders across the entire organization
- Project manage new process releases and monitor release adoption across multiple locations
- Be the liaison between the product teams, local teams, and various global operations teams
- Be a hard-working multitasker, supporting teams in multiple locations.
- You’ll be one of the go-to people when the business requires solutions to fire drills
- Be data driven and become a subject matter expert on our internal tools, processes, applications, and metrics
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- 2+ years of experience in strategy / investment banking / consulting / business intelligence or related; high-growth operations or startup experience
Nice to Haves
- SQL knowledge and ability to create custom data reporting
- Technical (mechanical / electrical) experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.