Brand Marketing Specialist
Communications – Marketing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Brand Marketing Specialist will lead regional brand marketing initiatives that measurably raise brand awareness, relevancy and meaning. To continuously win new loyal riders and intensify ridership in the mid to long term, the Brand Marketing Specialist will create locally grounded creative ideas and turn these into nationwide brand marketing initiatives that make the brand stand out. This role includes but is not limited to influencer marketing, brand partnerships, content creation, social media, brand marketing event coordination and brand marketing campaign management.
What You'll Do:
- Apply local market knowledge to help expand brand awareness, grow our audiences on social media, drive engagement and initiate organic content creation
- Identify, build and lead relationships with key opinion leaders within culture, sports and sustainability verticals
- Develop and execute brand marketing programs and events to drive awareness and trial with riders in growing Bird’s communities.
- Create and deploy a diverse range of brand marketing programs and non-traditional brand marketing campaigns that involve diverse aspects of outbound social-based brand marketing mechanisms. Including campaign strategy, creative development, execution, measurement, and optimization.
- Leverage consumer, city and brand insights to up-level strategic brand marketing initiatives. Partner with key stakeholders and groups within the organization.
- Effectively convey brand voice and tone across all marketing initiatives, campaigns and channels.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience2-3 years of experience in brand marketing for a consumer brand
- Passion for sustainable transportation and micro-mobility
- Proven track record of building a consumer or lifestyle brand in a start-up environment is a plus
- Experience in generating campaign ideas and successfully executing the ideas to drive measurable business value
- An understanding of traditional & non-traditional brand marketing strategies including ‘below the line’, digital, and social
- Ability to speak and write in French and English fluently and idiomatically
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.