Sr. Manager, Civic Engagement, North America (East)
New York City, New York
Communications – Public Affairs
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Come join our growing team at Bird as the Senior Manager of Civic Engagement for North America. In this role you will lead the development of public affairs initiatives in markets across North America. This role could work out of NYC or Washington DC.
- Devise and implement strategy at a regional, state, and local level
- Work closely with our public affairs, government partnerships, communications, and expansion teams to launch new initiatives and sustain growth in markets
- Drive metrics-driven strategies to measure campaigns and overall success for programs in your markets
- Develop relationships with local, state, and national influencers, and cultivate champions for Bird
- Develop partnerships with industry stakeholders and organizations
- Build brand affinity for Bird across your markets
- Passionately drive awareness of Bird programs
- Represent Bird as a speaker and attend key events
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in political campaigns or public policy
- Experience developing, leading highly effective and measurable campaigns
- Passion for Bird’s mission and deep desire for collaborating with individuals across the organization
- Ability to thrive in a deadline driven, fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Integrity - We look for people who put teams and Bird riders first and who default to doing the right thing, always
- Attitude - Self-Starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity
- Pragmatism & Resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritize so that we get from where we are to where we need to be
- Creativity - Much of what you will be working on doesn’t exist. We are looking for someone with imagination who can develop a vision and can then imbue that vision with substance
- Passion - We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability
- Team Player - Ability to influence and develop strong cross-functional productive relationships
- Problem Solver - Exceptional problem solver who has owned successful projects from start to finish
- Relevant Experience - Previous experience working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and mission-oriented environment is a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.