Legal Writer - Proposals
Santa Monica, California
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a Legal Writer to join our Proposal team. This person will have sharp attention to detail; be collaborative; and a critical thinker who can create, edit, and quality-check smart, focused copy as well as organize large volume proposals and applications.
The Legal Writer will be involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, creating drafts and outlines, and ensuring we are submitting mistake-free and compliant proposals.
You will be responsible for conveying the unique value Bird can offer cities. This person will craft and spearhead our responses for competitive procurements domestically and internationally.
- Outline and edit Requests for Proposals (RFP’s) and other external-facing documents to help Bird get scooter permits in various cities
- Dissect the RFP to create a compliance matrix (compile all RFP requirements in a spreadsheet) to ensure all RFP requirements are addressed
- Write the first draft of the proposal response, populating it with content from Bird’s content management system. Proposals must be grammatically correct, concise, well written, properly formatted, and directed at the appropriate audience
- Assist with populating new content into the content management system
- Attend meetings of the core proposal team
- Support senior writers by providing administrative support throughout the proposal response process
- Ensure full compliance with RFP requirements
- Assist in maintaining the RFP and content management system
- Research and identify local regulations
- Create systems for proposal submission and execute complex document organization
- Develop relationships and collaborate with key internal stakeholders
- Juggle multiple projects with competing priorities and tight deadlines in an ever-changing environment
- Project management and general document organization as well as managing forms/templates
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- JD a plus
- Experience at a law firm, in house legal department, or proposal environment working closely on the RFP process
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently to analyze issues, collect information and solve problems
- Able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a collaborative team-oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word), Adobe Acrobat Pro, and legal software tools (databases, e-signature tools, etc.)
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.