Associate, Corporate Development
Corporate Development – Corporate Development
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Corporate Development & Business Strategy team leads all Fundraising, Special Projects, and M&A for Bird. We establish and negotiate business relationships which advance Bird’s mission both in the United States and global markets in Asia, Europe, Middle East and Latin America.
This is a rare opportunity to join a small but powerful team of strategic thinkers, deal makers and analysts to drive explosive growth for Bird. You’ll work across the entire spectrum of business needs helping shape the partnerships and deals that give Bird the ability to navigate global markets while securing our diverse supply chain and acquiring proprietary technology.
You’ll work with cross-functional leaders to drive strategic initiatives, assess market and competitive dynamics, raise capital and execute and integrate mergers and acquisitions. The Associate - Corporate Development is expected to build industry relationships, lead strategic projects, assist in financings and execute M&A. This is an excellent opportunity to join a small team with a major role in shaping the future of the company and the industry more broadly.
- Support fundraising, M&A, and strategic investment processes through conducting key diligence analyses, engaging prospective investors, and partnering with legal on deal execution
- Partner with finance and operations teams to conduct analysis and create deliverables for board meetings and key investor updates
- Identify opportunities to leverage the strengths of the Bird investor base to add strategic value to Bird
- Contribute to complex, cross-functional strategic initiatives that impact all aspects of the business and organisation
- Create market maps to identify opportunities to drive growth through strategic investment
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of experience at top-tier companies in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and/or management consulting
- Experience with the deal structuring, diligence, and execution processes, including financial modeling and managing legal documentation
- Strong Excel / PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel internationally - Frequent travel within Europe and the US
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.