Senior UX Researcher, Vehicle
Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Product
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a User Experience Researcher to create the next generation of user interactions for shared electric vehicles. Particularly, we are looking for a highly capable individual contributor who will work alongside the UX and Vehicle Engineering teams, and interact with Product Design, Product Management, Industrial Design, and Engineering (both software and hardware) to define and build the complete ride experience. This position requires deep customer focus, the desire to learn, the ability to dive deep and invent, a sense of urgency, the maturity to make hard decisions fast, and to have the composure and communication ability to effectively present to internal partners.
If you are passionate about guiding the future of micromobility experiences and creating innovative, elegant, customer-focused designs, we want to talk to you.
- Set research strategy for our vehicles; partnering closely with User Experience, Product Management, Engineering, etc.
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX Researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment to create a seamless vehicle experience for users.
- Provide insights, conduct research, collect and understand behavior through a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods and to understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and presentations.
- Analyze existing vehicle, transportation and physical human interactions.
- Design human interactions with physical devices and real world physical work flows.
- Build case studies to re-enforce suggested human interactions.
- Study human interactions in the real world for existing, upcoming, and future physical product lines.
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in Psychology, Human Factors, Anthropology, HCI or other related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience translating user research into product designs and design practices.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience conducting UX research in an applied setting.
- Extended experience in testing hardware user interfaces.
- Experience with developing user insights, trends research, iterative prototype evaluation, value proposition assessment, concept testing, lab-based user testing, and field research.
- Experience with all aspects of the design research lifecycle.
- Experience selecting the right mix of methods to provide actionable insights to research questions and business goals, and experience inventing new methods when the right method does not exist.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
- A portfolio of relevant past research work experience.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.