Sr. Manager, Government Partnerships Education
Santa Monica, California
Communications – Communications
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are searching for a seasoned sales executive to serve in a leadership role assisting our Government Partnerships and Launch teams. The role will provide the opportunity to coach and mentor our growing team of Government Partnerships and Launch representatives who are working with cities to develop solutions that best integrate tomorrow’s transport modalities into today’s transportation systems.
What You'll Do
- Coach and mentor members of the Government Partnerships and Launch teams on how they can most effectively meet the needs of cities and regulators
- Work together with Bird’s Government Partnerships and Communications leadership teams, as well as other policy advisors, to develop the firm-wide training strategy around government partnerships
- Deliver training to team members of varying backgrounds and levels of experience
- Monitor legislative / regulatory developments impacting Bird to ensure training remains current and appropriate
- Develop innovative sales strategies and tactics to help drive Bird’s regulatory objectives
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years experience in management consulting, government sales, government relations, or lobbying
- 5+ years experience leading a team, with team training or mentoring preferred
- 5+ years of sales experience
- Professional experience with regulatory processes and politics involved at the federal, state, and local levels
What You'll Need
- Integrity - We look for people who put teams and Bird riders first and who default to doing the right thing, always.
- Attitude - Self starter who radiates positivity and possesses a “can-do” and "yes and" view towards any opportunity.
- Pragmatism & resourcefulness - We are a startup, we need to stay nimble and prioritize so that we get from where we are to where we need to be.
- Passion - We are ecosystem engineers and are looking for individuals with a passion for mobility and sustainability.
- Team player mindset - Ability to influence and develop strong and productive cross-functional relationships.
- Professional - Ability to be highly responsive and willing to work flexible hours, an ability to lead and manage shifting assignments and multiple projects at the same time is a must
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.