Embedded Platform Architect
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Lead the firmware and hardware development of various embedded components such as our vehicle to cloud communication platform
- Work with Electrical/Electronics Engineers, to develop these systems
- Aid in the development, validation and enhancements of various power electronic products for electric vehicles
- Develop firmware installation and QC processes for new products
- Tune system performance & verify operational efficiencies
- Design with regulatory bodies in mind
- Take finished products through all certifications for international use
- Experience developing firmware for tracking devices, control systems, and RF products
- Strong experience and proficiency in embedded languages, particularly with C
- Experience with firmware development, testing, and debugging
- Experience with CANbus, UART, I2C, and SPI communications
- Knowledge of PCB design, Using schematic capture and layout tools. Altium preferred
- Knowledge of version control tools (GIT, SVN, or the like)
- Experience with Firmware Over the Air Process
- Experience developing Bootloaders and programming over CAN
- Experience with ST microcontrollers
- Experience with Nordic Semiconductor platforms
- Experience with FCC, CE, UL regulatory bodies and requirements
- Experience managing, mentoring, and coaching team members
- LTE Cat M1 Experience
- Multi Band GNSS Experience
- Wifi ExperienceNFC Experience
- Experience with MVNO operation
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.