Santa Monica, California
Operations – Workplace Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is seeking an energetic and reliable Day Porter to perform day-to-day building maintenance at our company facilities is Los Angeles. This role plays an integral part in the day to day cleanliness and appearance of our buildings both inside and out. You will be working closely with all Office Operations and Facilities staff on a daily basis and assist with multiple tasks as needed. This role will be located in our Santa Monica office location with routine service calls to other Bird office locations in the area.
- Complete minor repairs and building improvements
- Prepare conference rooms before and after all meetings
- Clean all common room areas including the kitchen, cafeteria, lobby and break room
- When applicable, place safety hazard signs in the building including wet paint and wet floor warning signs
- Monitor, clean and service washrooms
- Respond to any major spills or other cleaning crises
- Remove litter and rubbish from main common rooms
- Help order supplies required for facility maintenance
- Load and unload the dishwasher as needed throughout the day
- High school diploma or relevant qualification required
- 6 – 12 months' porter experience.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Must be reliable and professional
- Prepared to execute all duties and responsibilities in a safe and timely manner.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.