EMEA Security Operations Manager
People & Places – Workplace Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As Bird’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Africa) Security Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for the implementation, support, and success of Bird’s physical safety and security programs for the region. You’ll provide strategic leadership for all security functions including but not limited to physical security, travel, event security, environment health and safety, analysis and risk assessment, crisis management, business continuity, and vendor management. Additionally, you will work closely with Bird’s GSOC team to build out 24-hour monitoring, alerting, and escalation for all safety and security matters that may affect Bird’s assets and employees within the region. The ability to drive internal and external partnerships, ultimately developing a global network for security related issues is also essential.
What You'll Do
- Assist in driving the vision and execution of building world class physical safety and security programs for Bird employees and assets within EMEA.
- Provide regional insight and strategic leadership to Bird executives on security risks, concerns, and incidents.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures designed to mitigate and respond to risks in EMEA, with the goal of ingraining long-term security-conscious practices into the company’s culture
- Manage relationships and contracts with EMEA vendors to ensure efficiency of operations and consistency for monitoring, response, and evaluation
- Set regional goals and objectives, and deliver on key results for security within EMEA
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to identify intersection points and act as the champion for all EMEA safety and security needs as the organization continues to scale
- Utilize tools, internal tracking metrics, and other reports to identify operational and process improvement opportunities
- Be a motivator for the team and provide leadership during crisis situations
- Develop partnerships with external industry partners and law enforcement for EMEA
What You'll Need
- Must have 5+ years of direct experience managing corporate security programs in EMEA for a large organization
- Must have 3+ years of people management experience with skills in leading, coaching, and team-building
- Demonstrated knowledge of security systems and technologies such as access control, CCTV, mass notification, situational intelligence, etc.
- Strong leadership, communication, critical thinking, and presentation skills
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to execute on Bird’s security mission and pivot as needed
- Proven ability to execute and deliver high-impact solutions with little guidance
- Ability to network, interact, and sustain effective partnerships with internal and external partners on non-technical and technical levels
- Ability to manage local and remote projects domestically and internationally
- Passion for Bird
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.