Platform Account Manager
Santa Monica, California
Business Development – Sales
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for helping businesses succeed?
We are looking for an Account Manager to join the Bird Team! You will create and maintain long lasting relationships with our clients. The AM will provide oversight of current accounts while discovering areas for new opportunity within those relationships. This role is extremely important to us, as our customers’ success is our success, and the AM will be at the forefront of it all.
- Manages relationships with current clients, acting as a trusted business partner.
- Acts as the lead point of contact for any questions or concerns from existing clients.
- Negotiates contracts or agreements as needed.
- Collaborates with the rest of the Sales Team to identify and grow opportunities within each territory.
- Develops trusted relationships with current clients and executive stakeholders.
- Proven experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, or other relevant client management experience
- Ability to communicate and influence key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years of experience in client facing roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and expert SalesForce skills
- Experience managing relationships with startups and entrepreneurs
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.