Finance – Accounting
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Our accounting team in EMEA is growing. We are looking for an enthusiastic, well organized, self-driven problem solver with great accounting background and communication skills. If you are one of those people that enjoys learning, not afraid to ask questions, proposing improvements, bring out of the box ideas and want to develop further your international accounting skills in one of the fastest growing companies in the world, we challenge you to join our one of a kind team.
What You'll Do:
- As a financial accountant you will be owner of end to end accounting records for some assigned entities. Your main tasks will be focus on recording all transactions driven by the business, prepare daily and monthly close activities. This will include journal entry preparation and postings, accruals calculations, transactional supporting documentation, prepayments review, accounts reconciliations, bank transaction reconciliations and postings, profit and loss (opex) variance analysis and internal reporting. On a monthly basis you will be responsible for the preparation and consolidation of our VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales supporting documentation to be provided to our tax team.
- As we operate in many regions, you will be responsible for maintaining the local ledgers as well, preparing GAAP reconciliations, supporting audit and compliance requests. You will be working closely with the accounting lead and other functions in the accounting and finance team to ensure proper registers and compliance. Including building the support for indirect and direct tax deliverables.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor or Master degree in Accounting (CA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent it’s a plus).
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in accounting within global organizations.
- Thorough knowledge of international accounting.
- Experience supporting Audit and Compliance requirements.
- Experience with GAAP to GAAP reconciliations.
- Excellent people skills plus ability to communicate kindly and efficiently.
- Team player attitude, energy and self-driven “can-do” attitude.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
What Will Be An Advantage To Have:
- Experience with Intercompany Reconciliations.
- New Tech or SSC experience is a plus.
- NetSuite & Oracle experience is a plus.
- Some Audit experience is nice to have.
- SQL knowledge (pulling data sets, dashboards and reporting).
- Great if not amazing sense of humor.
What You'll Get From Us:
- Being part of a very diverse, quality focused, smart and one of a kind team where new ideas are celebrated and encouraged.
- We always play as a team, we learn from each other and have fun while doing an amazing work.
- Great room for development within the team and across other teams.
- We all have an “always pass on what you have learned” attitude.
- Working for a company that’s revolutionizing the mobility market and making a massively positive impact in our cities and to the environment.
- Great and extremely informal atmosphere.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.