Security Engineer - IT Security
Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Security
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Work directly with IT systems engineers to architect and implement technologies with security best practices and defensive capabilities designed from the start
- Develop and implement system security configuration standards for end-user technologies and devices
- Develop tooling and automation to enable rapid security anomaly detection and response capabilities
- Work with various teams across Bird to ensure that all critical systems and workflows have effective and appropriate security controls in place
- Conduct infrastructure security reviews and scans to identify security vulnerabilities before we launch new features
- Design and implement automated security tests that can help identify issues proactively
- Investigate and handle security alerts, anomaly reports, and security incidents
- Configure and maintain systems to detect and prevent network intrusions and scan for vulnerabilities
- Work with huge amounts of data to detect and prevent attacks
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related STEM field
- 5+ years of experience in security engineering role focused on securing corporate networks and systems
- Experienced with securing or operating a BeyondCorp model environment
- Excellent understanding of cloud technology including SSO solutions and AWS
- Experienced with contributing security expertise to AD/LDAP design and administration
- Experienced with operating endpoint protection solutions with a focus on enabling forensics
- Experienced with conducting forensics investigations on Windows, Linux, and OSX
- Experienced with MDM solutions
- Proficient with at least one scripting language, such as Python or Bash
Technology we're working with
- AWS, Terraform
- Google Suite
- Active Directory, LDAP
- SaaS application management products
- MFA management products
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.