Service Centre Launcher
Operations – Vehicle Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Service Centre Launcher will have the full responsibility of launching and ensuring ongoing success of our growing number of Service Centres in the markets we operate in. This position not only requires a high-level of independent decision making, but the launcher must also possess a mix of technical repair know-how, proper warehouse resource planning, proactive problem solving, and project management.
- Shipping, receiving, and organizing supplies and parts inventory system according to proper model mix and kanban specifications, as well as creating a quick feedback loop for anything that needs to be added or removed
- Making quick and responsible decisions in-market to keep Service Centre launches on their intended timeline
- Determining best process flow of intake / output of Birds in the service centre space based on past high-volume repair experience
- Facilitating final steps of supply chain shipments and on-the-ground needs leading up to and after launch
- Training / advising SC Associates on inventory management and parts + tool ordering processes
- Training / advising SC Shift Leads and Field Technicians on all triage, repair, and material movement SOPs
- Training / advising SC Field Team Members and Fleet Tech Driver on proper use of app, pickup best practices, and intake / outflow of vehicles
- Identify process improvement opportunities to increase vehicle repair throughput and speed of launch
- Set up and maintain data collection processes for repair, safety, and improvement audits
- Manage and maintain a safe working environment
- Workforce/Workload management
- Ensure top performance and maintain KPI's
- Train all newcomers
- Inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Previous experience of managing and maintaining a warehouse environment with direct people management.
- Knowledge and process experience for working towards KPIs.
- Process improvement experience- (lean, continuous improvement preferable).
- Preferable to have previous mechanical/ electrical experience.
- 1-2 years experience in a Managerial role (eg: Team leader)
- Experience within Manufacturing site, Warehouse, Assembly or Mechanics environment is a plus
- Passion for Bird and working in a high growth environment
- Valid driver’s license
- Strong mechanics experience preferred
- Ability to learn quickly
- Excellent time management, communication, and organization skills
- Flexible availabilityEnglish and French or Spanish/Italian
- Ability to travel 60-70%
- Ability to be both self-directed and work well in a team environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.