Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Backend
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Be the technical point of contact for our ERP application (NetSuite)
- Architect, design, build and deliver optimized and scalable NetSuite solutions including customizations, scripting (2.0), integrations and support case resolutions for customization defects
- Stay ahead of the new NetSuite features and functionality, and provide recommendations for improvements
- Perform technical design/code reviews and audits to ensure design objectives are met and standards are followed
- Work with management, product managers and finance business partners to scope work and produce deliverable estimates
- Adapt to changing priorities of the business and seek out ways to develop new skills
- Balance multiple concurrent projects and contending priorities
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- 5+ years of industry experience with emphasis in NetSuite development including SuiteScript and integrations utilizing encryption methodologies
- Ability to write and review SuiteScripts (1.0 & 2.0) from scratch
- Extensive understanding of SuiteFlow, SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, Workflows and Map-Reduce
- Expertise with Boomi and prior experience in building NetSuite integrations with Boomi
- Deep understanding of NetSuite architecture and related technologies
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills - high attention to detail is crucial
- General understanding of best practices and business processes in Finance and Accounting
- Basic functional understanding of NetSuite modules in a OneWorld environment such as Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Revenue Recognition, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Electronic Payments, Multi-Book and Currency Translations/Foreign Exchange is necessary
- At least a fundamental understanding of SOX, Segregation of Duties, Change Management and Information Technology General Controls
- Experience with Data Migration
- Good understanding of hands on experience on the SuiteCloud Development Framework (SDF)
- NetSuite certifications such as SuiteCloud Developer Certification and SuiteCommerce Developer Certification
- Experience with SuiteCommerce Advanced a plus
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.