Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Strategy
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The eCommerce Manager will work hand in hand with the leaders of the retail team and play a key role in the execution of our eCommerce strategy for various partner programs. Working as a key member of the retail team, this role will provide tactical web support, project management, and daily retail operations support.
- Manage all Bird Online Sales Channels including but not limited to: Direct Website Sales, Third Party Website Sales, Affiliate Website Sales and Distributor, and Retailer Website Sales
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally internally to manage all eCommerce projects and timelines.
- Manage internal relationships across design, marketing, product, engineering.
- Suggest new ways to grow the digital business including site enhancements and new vendors.
- Assist in overseeing and managing all third-party/vendor relationships.
- Document SOWs, meeting notes, weekly status, and project timeline and tracking updates.
- Respond to internal inquiries during project estimation and execution.
- Outline resourcing needs and prioritizes overall eCommerce needs.
- Track success of eCommerce efforts and while constantly thinking of new ideas to further grow the business.
- Monitor daily project progress and pro-actively tackle potential questions, delays, and conflicts.
- Communicate status updates and escalate project risks regularly to project leads, contributors, or other project stakeholders as needed.
- Support team in gathering analytical requirements and ensuring data is being captured accurately and with the right end use-cases in mind.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- eCommerce experience across multiple online channels
- 2-4 years’ experience managing and/or working with web and digital technologies.
- Experience in managing and executing digital strategies is a must.
- Must be a self-starter with experience working in cross-functional roles.
- Must be self-motivated, eager to learn, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be analytics and data-driven while also understanding creative input and requirements.
- Experience using Shopify or similar online portals.
- Experience using Customer Relationship Management Software
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.