Santa Monica, California
Vehicle – Supply Chain
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate directly with business leaders to identify parts and supply need and deliver recommendations on suppliersIdentify procurement process obstacles and deliver scalable solutions to those obstacles
- Mitigate supply shortages by fostering strong supplier relationships and managing their individual performance
- Proactively provide updates to Bird management, engineering, operations teams on all critical supply issues
- Visit supplier’s facilities and accurately assess ability to support Bird’s production requirements
- Provide regular feedback to suppliers to improve long term and short term performanceIndependently drive local sourcing for parts, equipment, and/ or services
- Obtain and evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable in accordance with procurement policies and procedures
- Resolve purchase order discrepancies that lead to invoice blockages and late delivery
- Develop system for KPI tracking based on available procurement data and analytics
- Act as liaison with external and internal customers on all matters affecting contractual agreements
- Enter Purchase Orders in MRP System ensuring 100% accuracy
- Proactively manage supplier adherence to schedule and expedite orders to support repairs and production
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, supply chain, or similar discipline
- 4+ years of technical procurement, manufacturing, or component design / development
- Experience working in the aerospace or automotive industry
- Remarkable problem solving skills with a bias for speed
- Experience in a production environment
- Ability to learn quickly and prioritize appropriately to meet customer and company needsExcellent customer service skills
- Effective written, verbal and presentation communication skillsExceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Technical knowledge and skills in current technologies and applications, ie. MS Office Suite, ERP
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated and able to respond quickly to a fast-moving and ever-changing environment
- Conducts all activities with the highest of integrity
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.