Account Manager, Universities
Santa Monica, California
Global Revenue – University Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The University Team builds and owns relationships with universities across North America driving an important growth sector for Bird.
This is an opportunity to join a team with tremendous impact on the growth of Bird’s existing and future presence on university campuses. As an Account Manager on the University Success team, you will focus on the on-boarding, launch, continued management, up-selling, and success of our University Partners.
In short, you will bring University Partnerships to life. Working closely with a sales counterpart within the University team (who is responsible for bringing in partnerships and securing contracts), you will manage and build the relationship post-contract. You will have a high level of visibility across the org, working with cross functional stakeholders and university partners.
- Successfully manage nationwide University relationships after launch (in order to secure a contract renewal, continued or exclusive partnerships, or up-sell by increasing campus cap)
- Manage and drive internal projects and initiatives to completion
- Maintain consistent relationship with General Managers for each University market to provide University updates and inform on University market health
- Assist our Government Relations team in any University RFP application processes, and participate in any RFP presentations for interviews
- Manage all operational requests from the University
- Implement any agreed upon modifications, specifically by working with university contacts to put Bird in best light with University
- Act as a main point of contact with University administration
- Manage student Brand Ambassadors and oversee their campus eventsActively monitor market health (utilization, ride behavior/etiquette, etc.), and make recommendations to local team
- 2-4+ years of experience in account management or sales
- Open to travel as necessary to meet with assigned Universities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of grit and motivation
- Creative ability to problem solve on the fly; you never know what might come up here!
- Experience managing complex organization relationships
- Ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities with tight deadlines
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.