Santa Monica, California
Brand Studio – Design
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Seeking a creative and motivated Industrial Designer with mid-level design experience to join our design and engineering team. The designer will play a key role in driving the design of industry leading micro-mobility vehicles.
The ideal candidate must be best in class with an ability to think and collaborate across all disciplines. Must possess a creative approach to problem-solving, positive and collaborative attitude, meticulous attention to detail, and a fine-tuned eye for design.
- Work cross functionally to provide industrial design problem-solving, concepts, CAD models and design for manufacturing.
- Create compelling new products by tapping into the end user’s needs.
- Work with Design engineers directly on CAD models to configure/package engineering concepts into the most compelling products in the industry.
- Follow through with 3D CAD design and delivery for on time solutions for product development timelines.
- Deliver solid and rational ergonomics for best physical performance.
- Build compelling stories to communicate design direction with your design team members and the larger product development team.
- Coordinate with design team partners to meet defined requirements.
- Support Marcom and PM product launches and presentations with applicable materials.
- Help to further refine ID workflow processes to enhance the product development process.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or equivalent from an accredited University.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience working in cross-functional product development teams (experience in the transportation space is a plus).
- 2D/3D visualization skills, a refined sense of form, a working understanding of human factors, and rapid idea/concept generation skills are required.
- Stunning sketching and ideation skills.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturing.
- Positive attitude and openness to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Exceptional with 3D CAD (Rhino, and Solidworks preferred).
- Basic mechanical product animation skills using Keyshot or Cinema 4D.
- A passion for creating beautiful visuals and renderings.
- Ability to generate concepts that are both fresh and creative. While also having the ability to work inside manufacturing constraints to take the concept to the next level.
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite software packages.
- Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Extremely self-motivated with an eye for detail and a passion for perfection.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to work with a global team.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.