Senior UX Researcher
Santa Monica, California
Product – UX Research
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
What You'll Do
- Help a cross-functional Bird mission team understand and empathize with our core customers through strategic, actionable research.
- Collaborate with various teams (product, design, engineering, data analytics and science, comms) to identify research questions, build a research plan that will answer them, and communicate insights that improve the Bird user experience.
- Be eager to learn a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and identify which methods or mixed-methods approach is best based on the problem at hand, timeline, and resources available.
- Dream up, prototype and test design solutions to ensure we’re solving top user needs and pain points as we evolve our products.
What You'll Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in product-focused organizations
- 7+ years of experience in product research methods, including usability & user testing, surveys, and user interviews
- Experience leading a team is a plus
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of end-to-end stages of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
- Comfortable with and/or excited to learn a variety of research methods: in-depth interviews, ethnographic/field research, surveying, diary studies, tree tests, card sorts, user/usability testing (remote and in-person), and more
- Self-starter that is highly organized and able to work at a fast pace
- Great at managing multiple work streams
- Egoless, collaborative team player
- Excellent communicator that can deliver a compelling, persuasive story when sharing insights and recommendations
- Ready to jump in, make a big impact, and pioneer the way forward in the micro-mobility space
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.