Santa Monica, California
Engineering – QA
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Define a great roadmap for tooling, automation, and manual testing for rapid iterative product development of new and existing high quality features
- Confidently manage a growing team of QA analysts and engineers
- Ensure the creation of a robust, scalable automated test framework for mobile, web platforms
- Support and grow the development and testing skills of your team in alignment with key business goals
- Communicate frequently and clearly to key stakeholders throughout projects
- Maintain mobile and platform release cycles along with comprehensive release notes for both internal and external audiences
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a development role, including 3+ years developing QA tools and automation
- 3+ years of experience managing teams of 5+ developers
- Strong understanding of testing automation, white, gray, and black box testing methodologies
- Expertise in sprint process, using JIRA, Phabricator, or GitLab to track tasks and report the progress
- Familiarity with iTunes Connect, Google Play, TestFlight, GitHub, and CMS systems
- Experience reviewing crash logs and similarly focused reports; Crashlytics and New Relic a plus
- Ability to communicate with product owners and developers
- Experience in building out automation frameworks from the ground up at more than one startup or larger tech company is a plus
- Experience of leading remote team members is a plus
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Coding skills in one or more of these languages: Ruby, C#, C++, C, Python
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.