Associate Talent Partner
Santa Monica, California
Talent & Recruiting – Talent
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
As an Associate Talent Partner, you will work in close partnership with your Talent Partners and Talent Team to align business objectives with Talent priorities. You’ll play a significant role in a variety of Talent initiatives, including developing and operationalizing policy and procedure, addressing employee and workplace concerns, and supporting performance management. As a first point of contact to most employees, you’ll maintain a strong pulse on employee culture, with the purpose of ensuring that the employee voice is heard when developing policies. A successful candidate for this role will operate effectively in ambiguous environments, innovate and influence, even without authority, and feel passion for our mission. We’re working on an inspiring, challenging, never before solved problem, and we’re looking for people as excited to tackle this as we are.
What You'll Do:
- Partner with other Talent Partners to support their organizations as needed, including coordinating Talent processes, provide coaching and guidance to employees, and creating talent related materials for the business (org charts, presentations, etc.)
- Oversee the internal transfer process from start to finish, coordinating with stakeholders and ensuring internal applicants have a smooth transition when pursuing new roles in the company
- Review, draft, and implement company policies and processes related to talent in collaboration with stakeholders on the Talent team and in the business
- Act as the main resource for contingent labor needs - you’ll be the liaison between the business and third party employers and point of contact for employees working with contingent labor workers
- Partner with Talent Operations to maintain critical HR data, evaluate and iterate on current data practices, and report out data as needed
- Identify possible areas for improvement from a Talent perspective and build data driven recommendations for new initiatives
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 1+ years of Employee Relations, HR Business Partner, or Generalist experience directly supporting senior HR or business leaders, ideally at high-growth companies
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and CA employment laws and regulations
- Demonstrated process excellence - both as a user, and as a builder
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and communicate insights to stakeholders – as well as to get creative when data does not readily exist
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.