Santa Monica, California
Operations – Workplace Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
Bird is looking for a Facilities Coordinator to join our team here in Los Angeles. We are seeking a well-rounded individual with strong mechanical and technical skills. This position assists in the operation and maintenance of our company facilities. We are looking for someone who can complete a variety of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and office move responsibilities and oversight. This position also requires an ability to interface with all levels of the organization with good communication and customer service.
- Assist in all day-to-day facilities operations, projects, and maintenance with onsite oversight
- Help manage cleaning and janitorial crews for each office location and ensure nightly cleaning is done completely and to the highest standards
- Receive and respond to incoming Facilities-related help-desk tickets, including HVAC, plumbing, electrical and all other facilities related tickets
- Manage sanitation vendor and scheduling of garbage removal.Coordinate with pest control company and address any related pest control prevention processes
- Assign, supervise and assist with tasks or projects for the Facilities team as needed
- Assist the Office Operations team with any employee moves, events, visitors, shipping or receiving and other requested assistance
- Conduct consistent walkthroughs of properties to identify potential maintenance repairs or cosmetic improvements
- Assign and/or address accordingly
- Provide on-call/after-hours support for all facilities related instances
- Contact facilities vendors as needed and make sure all work performed is up to our high standards
- 5+ years with related facilities experience in a fast paced work environment
- Previous experience with HVAC controls, plumbing, and electrical troubleshooting and maintenance
- Knowledge of OSHA safety guidelines
- Ability and willingness to engage in manual labor which will include basic carpentry, electrical, plumbing, climbing ladders, excessive walking and ability to lift up to 45 lbs
- Able to support on-call needs and some weekend on-site supervision as needed
- Must show initiative and be proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Display an emphasis and understanding of customer service and be able to communicate effectively with employees in a courteous and professional manner
- The ability to work independently and during periods of downtime
- Be a team player and team leader who understand that no job is beneath you
- Must have previous experience working in a corporate, dynamic and fast-paced environment
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.