Manager, Legal Proposals
Santa Monica, California
Legal – Government Partnerships
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
We are looking for a Legal Manager to join our Proposal team. This person will be collaborative, critical thinker who can manage all legal aspects of the proposal process from beginning to submission.
The Legal Manager will guide a team who will be involved with all aspects of the production process from researching requirements and laws, to gathering content from internal teams, to reviewing final products.
- Lead a team of Compliance Associates
- Work closely with our legal, Public Affairs, Government and writing team to ensure that permit requirements are effectively attainable
- Identify and understand permit requirements in each unique city, thinking strategically about the best way to execute
- Drive the team towards meeting key KPI’s and keep your team accountable
- Develop and coach your team and influence others
- Be a strong project and stakeholder manager with the ability to both plan and execute projects of varying urgency and scope with minimal guidance
- Collaborate with other teams to ensure efficiency and cross functional alignment as we continue to build and scale
- Positively lead the team through the complexities of a fast growing and dynamic startup
- Bachelor's and Law Degree
- Minimum 5+ years of experience
- 2-3 years of people management
- Strong project manager: Excellent at seeing things through with high attention to detail while working cross functionally with various stakeholders
- Highly adaptable: Things are constantly changing and moving at Bird; it takes someone who is able to adapt and adjust as necessary
- Efficient: Can manage a high volume of RFP requests with the utmost attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop people
- Strong communication and organization skills
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.