Marketing Manager, City Solutions
Santa Monica, California
Communications – Marketing
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
At Bird, cities are our #1 customer. To help us better connect and engage with cities, we’re looking for a Manager of Government Marketing. The Manager of Government Marketing will lead strategy development and execution of integrated marketing programs designed to help elevate the Bird story amongst policy makers, drive awareness of our GovTech suite of products developed to help cities more effectively and efficiently manage and measure the impact of micro-mobility programs, and amplify the messages and content put forth by our public affairs team. The work will encompass strategy development, gathering analytical insights, creative ideation and execution, implementation, and results analysis.
In this role you will be a key member of a world class cross-functional, integrated communications and marketing team. You will partner closely with individuals from the Public Affairs, Government Partnerships, Public Relations, Design, Creative, Product, Growth and CRM teams to craft and execute online and offline Business to Government initiatives.
We value heart, integrity, and pushing the limits of what’s possible. The right individual for this role will possess start up athleticism, resiliency, and grit as well as experience working closely with policy makers, city officials and influencers. They will be equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves and being scrappy to get the job done as they are presenting marketing strategies to C-level executives across the company.
- Bring Bird’s mission to life for policymakers, city officials and mobility experts
- Develop positioning, messaging frameworks and value propositions for new solutions
- Raise awareness and adoption of Bird’s suite of existing and future GovTech product offerings
- Build and scale compelling brand and category differentiation through results-oriented integrated offline and online B2G marketing programs
- Productize and amplify Bird’s government, political and policy initiatives in a way that connects to and resonates with cities and related public organizations and advances our business objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to drive alignment on the roadmap, marketing and execution plans
- Act as the internal voice of our solutions, educating cross-functional stakeholders on our products and how to appropriately leverage them to meet client’s needs
- Provide ongoing market insights on trends and needs of the audience as the context for innovation
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of government marketing experience
- 5+ years working with small-to-medium companies and brands
- Passion for Bird’s mission of reducing traffic and carbon emissions while offering fun, alternative transportation options!
- Direct B2G marketing experience at scale
- Track record of developing results-oriented innovative, strategic government marketing plans and campaigns
- A passion for un-complicating complicated topics or issues for external audiences and stakeholders
- Data-driven mindset coupled with a hunger to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Creative resourcefulness to conceptualize and create government marketing programs that capture consumer attention in a practical and efficient way
- Demonstrated ability to drive results through teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to make tough, fast decisions based on business objectives
- Proven track record of operating with limited resources, shifting priorities, and competing deadlines
- Ability to take ambiguous needs and develop actionable and measurable plans
- Ability to effectively present to and advocate for ideas with senior management
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence teams
- Willingness to collaborate with all parts of the business
- Ability to push back on ideas and justifying creative decisions
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.