Systems Documentation Engineer
Culver City, California
Vehicle – Vehicle Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Provides general engineering support for system integration
- Performs design analysis tasks using Bird and industry developed tools
- Writes system requirements, and drives those into subsystem and component requirements
- Troubleshoots complex systems from a hardware and software perspective
- Writes technical documents including Technical Specifications, Patent Applications, Reports, Requirements
- Contributes to test case development to support validation
- Perform mechanical, electrical and software verification to ensure alignment of requirements and specifications vs design
- Champions DFMEA process and drives mitigations into requirements documentation and test cases
- BS in electrical, mechanical engineering, or a related field equivalent is required
- 2-5 years of experience in engineering projects including research and development efforts, Verification & Validation testing, and systems engineering aspects of the projects’ life-cycle
- Must have background troubleshooting communication, embedded controller networks, software interfaces, and messages
- Familiarity with vehicle Controller Area Network (CAN) communication interface
- Familiarity with Vector CANoe/ CANalyzer
- Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute to successful short-term projects (3 – 9 months)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Good listening, questioning, clarifying and summarizing skills to effectively communicate in one-on-one and small group settings
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment requiring strong project and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, and issue tracking, requirements management systems
- Some travel required
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.