Operations Workforce Analyst
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Shared Services
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
This role is responsible for providing focused expertise in the area of service level, staffing requirements, project assessment planning, and forecasting of projected work volumes. You will work within the Bird Operations team to optimize all of Bird’s Operations and Support functions by building a bespoke, scalable global staffing model. You will make appropriate recommendations to leadership on ways to streamline and improve department resource planning to facilitate growth, efficiency, and consistency at scale across all of Bird’s Operations sites.
The role demands great technical depth, an ability to absorb large amounts of data, and ability to use data to think critically. The ideal candidate has managed workforce flows before and has used data to make strategic decisions. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process, hustles, and loves making something from nothing.
What You'll Do
- Generate, review, and analyze the data from our reporting tools and create actionable steps based on the reporting results
- Work with Operations Managers to optimize our 24/7/365 support coverage
- Be a liaison across our Rider, Charger, and Mechanic support teams
- Identify potential trends and potential gaps in efficiency and propose creative solutions
- Use inbound and efficiency data to forecast headcount and scheduling
- Work with overseas managers to develop workflow handoffs between national teams
- Work with managers from each Operations team to build systems and processes that will work cross-functionally
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of work experience with at least 2-3 years of analytics experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy, and flexibility to work effectively with diverse groups
- Ability to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment
- Demonstrate ability to build scalable and systematic process from start to finish
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance and as part of a team toward common goals, providing good judgment, decision making, problem solving; and to coordinate efforts and collaborate with a variety of individuals
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Be nimble and adaptable
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Experience with resource planning software
- Startup experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.