Sr. Manager, Americas Service Operations
Santa Monica, California
Operations – Strategic Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
You will be responsible for a highly iterative team responsible for ensuring the systems used in our Americas Service Centers are built to scale, succeed, and maintain our standards. You’ll work with trainers, product managers, local teams, as well as other operations managers in a fast-paced environment to solve the hardest problems impacting our ever-expanding global network of Service Centers.
The role will require a balanced mix of scrappiness, scalability, and relationship-building The ideal candidate has built and led teams, is highly operational, entrepreneurial, and obsessed with empowering both their team and stakeholders they’ll be interacting with on a regular basis. They are motivated by building the future, can dig deep into the data to solve operational issues, are always driving small improvements in process and moving things forward as a means to making something from nothing.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage a team who is responsible for Service Center training, process adoption, and ongoing support both remote and locally in-market
- Direct analysis on projects/experiments to inform strategic decisions, improving the experience for our Service Center teams
- Identify operational weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes, tools, and products that affect Service Centers
- Design and implement tests to quantify data / feedback, prove/disprove hypotheses around what Service Centers need vs. what’s a nice-to-have
- Work directly with Product to define and implement launch of new Service Centers-facing products
- Be accountable for the results of the Service Center Operations team and systems in its domain
- Build and communicate concise reporting out to stakeholders on key metrics and current initiatives on a regular cadence
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of relevant Operations, Product or Project Management experience
- 5+ years of managing 10+ team members and 1-2 years managing other managers
Nice to Haves
- Operations experience in logistics or tech-transportationExperience with A/B testing
- SQL knowledge and ability to create custom data reportingTechnical (mechanical / electrical) experience
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.