Associate - Service Centres
Operations – Vehicle Operations
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters are available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Associate role will champion high priority projects. This role will tackle key business priorities that help amplify the growth of our business, share best practices, and implement operational improvements within the vehicle team. Using strong operational and analytical experience, this person will work with our local and central teams to tackle key projects that will be instrumental in driving our business forward. We need a strategic and critical thinker who can start at 30,000 feet and then dive deep into the details to ensure high-quality results.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a “doer” attitude, strong strategic skills, excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to deliver on key projects. This will include data provisioning, exploratory data analysis, data visualisation.
- Identify opportunities for improvement through operational metrics
- Run cost analyses for key projects
- Design and analyze A/B tests to drive KPI improvement
- Partner with finance and operations teams to conduct analyses and create deliverables for board meetings and key updates
- Conduct hands-on modeling/analytics retrieving, compiling, and analysing large volumes of data from disparate databases into distilled, actionable information and insights
- Demonstrable examples of successful project management and change management
- Master's degree in a quantitative field from a highly competitive school
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience using data to facilitate business decisions; High growth technology, strategy consulting, business intelligence, investment banking/private equity background
- Strong background in, or comfort with, statistical concepts
- Ability to develop and manage an experimentation roadmap
- High attention on the details, while keeping strategic priorities top-of-mind
- Responsible and reliable to the people you work with - this is a team effort!
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself and the team
- Effective communication skills: you can build the story and then tell it just as well
- Project management savvy: you expect the best from your peers to get joint projects done well
- Seize opportunities and willing to go beyond the task at hand
- Radiate positivity and possess a “can-do” attitude
- Responsiveness: you deliver timely, digestible answers to complex asks
- Constantly think of ways to improve our products and the business
- Proficiency with SQL
- Proficiency with Tableau
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.