Santa Monica, California
Engineering – Engineering
Who is Bird
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
- Develop complex software systems scaling to millions of users with production quality deployment, monitoring, and reliability
- Manage and mentor a team of software engineers, encouraging career progression and skills development
- Build a collaborative team, focused on inclusion and respect
- Own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping features quickly
- Resolve vague product requirements and ensure stakeholders are in agreement
- Lead processes to increase the team’s efficiency and quality of work, such as team meetings, sprint planning, and code reviews
- Set performance expectations, recognize achievements, and provide actionable feedback to team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience as a technical individual contributor
- Proven leadership ability, especially in hiring, training, and mentoring software developers
- Experience developing complex, scalable features crucial to product success
- Experience in mobile apps or database development
- Self-starter with the ability to turn ambitious ideas into actionable team goals
- Experience managing technical project planning, prioritization, and execution
- Excellent communication skills, capable of connecting with technical and non-technical audiences
- Functional programming experience a plus
Technology we're working with:
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.