City Operations – Mechanic /
Who is Bird Canada
Powered by Bird, Bird Canada Inc. operates an electric vehicle sharing program. Bird Canada is a Canadian-owned and operated company that offers Canadians, and visitors to Canada, a new way to avoid congestion and get around that is affordable and uses the latest and most innovative last-mile mobility solutions for urban areas.
At Bird Canada, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. Our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around Canada for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey.
Do you enjoy solving problems?
Do you want to do your part to help the environment?
Do you want to be a part of the electric scooter revolution?
We have the perfect job for you! We are looking for Fleet Technicians! As Fleet Technician, you will assist us in keeping our vehicles on the road and to ensure the best rider experience. Each technician works closely with technology to maintain our vehicles in the field to ensure a safe, available ride is always nearby. This role is key to helping grow and maintain our fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Inspect all incoming Bird Canada vehicles and triage hardware and software issues in collaboration with operations teammates.
- Diagnose mechanical and software issues with the vehicles and perform repairs to upkeep the fleet.
- Use Bird Canada’s mobile technology to identify, track, and resolve inspections and maintenance issues.
- When required, perform extensive repairs on vehicles (this includes breaking down and refurbishing).
- Maintain parts inventory and continuously improve our warehouse technician processes.
- Collaborate with other teammates as well as work autonomously.
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends.
- Passion for Bird Canada and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do attitude with the agility to quickly change tasks as required.
- Must be comfortable using technology (smartphone) and basic hand tools.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Must be highly organized, ability to keep a clean and efficient workspace.
- Strong oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly.
Culture at Bird Canada
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the word
Bird Canada stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird Canada is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.