Morning Field Associate (6:00am-2:30pm)
Red Deer /
City Operations – Driver /
Who is Bird Canada
Powered by Bird, Bird Canada Inc. operates an electric vehicle sharing program. Bird Canada is a Canadian-owned and operated company that offers Canadians, and visitors to Canada, a new way to avoid congestion and get around that is affordable and uses the latest and most innovative last-mile mobility solutions for urban areas.
At Bird Canada, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. Our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around Canada for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey.
Do you enjoy working at a fast pace?
Do you want to do your part to help the environment?
Do you want to be a part of the electric scooter revolution?
We have the perfect job for you! We are looking for Fleet Drivers! As a Fleet Driver, you’ll use with technology to monitor, transport, rebalance, and maintain our vehicles in the field to ensure a safe, available ride is always nearby. It is a physical and dynamic role that offers a breadth of activities and responsibilities that shift based on the fluid needs of Red Deer. This role is key to helping grow and maintain our fleet and directly impacts millions of riders who rely on our service.
- Use Bird Canada's mobile technology to provide our scooter service to residents in a way that is efficient, safe & accessible.
- Drive our Bird Canada fleet vans to execute processes relating to fleet deployment, fleet retrieval and fleet inspection.
- Respond to management requests to re-distribute or recover high priority vehicles within the time frame provided.
- Inspect and evaluate fleet health during each shift and flag issues to management or fleet technicians, as required.
- Be a brand ambassador and positively exhibit/share safe riding practices with the community.
- Working outdoors in all conditions.
- Flexible availability and willingness to regularly work on weekends.
- Passion for Bird Canada and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Can-do attitude with the agility to quickly change tasks as required.
- Must be comfortable using technology (smartphone) and navigating through your city.
- Must have a Valid driver’s license & be able to pass a motor vehicle record check.
- Strong knowledge of your local geography or the ability to learn.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; stoop, bend, walk, and stand for long periods of time.
- Strong oral, and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make prioritization decisions on the fly.
Culture at Bird Canada
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
Bird is the word
Bird Canada stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird Canada is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.